Tuesday, September 23, 2008

CORD
Many of you know my brother Cord is a talented musician. He is a singer and songwriter for his band called, CORD. Growing up in a musical family, he learned to play the guitar at an early age and formed his own band in college. He has been working hard to get to where he is today and is about to release a NEW album that is awesome. (I know because being his sister I got to hear a rough version of it!) Anyway, this past weekend he was invited to fly out to Los Angeles for Dr. Jane Goodall's Day of Peace Celebration at Griffith Park hosted by Pierce Brosnan. My brother Cord played with Rami Jaffee of the Foo Fighters who has helped him a lot and has become good friends with. My sister Kelly was lucky enough to get to go and join him in LA this last week and took lots of pictures. I had her send them to me so I could share in this post. She was so excited to meet Daryl Hannah, Pierce, Gwene Steffani, and Gavin Rossdale who sang after my brother. They had a great weekend. I am so excited that my brother is seeing his dreams come true. Our family is so proud of him. Check out his site http://www.cordmusic.com/ and I will let you know when he starts touring again and plays locally.

5 comments:

Preecemom said...

Okay, being the biggest Bush fan in the world I am insanely jealous of your sister (as un-christianly as that may sound). What a great opportunity for your brother!

Emily said...

Yay for Cord! That's so awesome. I know you are so proud of him! Definitely let us know when he comes this way.

Courtney said...

WOW! Gavin Rossdale? Gwen Stefani? Can't wait to hear Cord (maybe someday live!). You must be SO proud!

Jess Richey said...

Very cool! I listened to a song on his website, they are really good! Keep us updated.

Lindsay said...

very, very cool. I would love to see them live if they come around our area sometime. Let us know.