Friday, September 26, 2008

Laptop Lunches

Hip Hip Hooray- I found something I L-O-V-E today (well actually not today..but it rhymed- I'm a nerd...I know)!! I am so excited about my newest find. I recently got the kids Laptop lunches. I first heard of them two years ago when I was taking a homeopathy class. I wanted to buy them then...but didn't want to shell out the money without seeing them first. I like to see things before buying. Then I saw them on the front a Green Baby Book and I thought, "Oh those are those lunchboxes I was wanting last year." Then this past month I saw them in Parents Magazine and I decide it was time to take a chance and buy them. So, I took the plunge and ordered three lunchboxes and three extra inserts. Keeping my fingers crossed that they were as good as the reviews. And guess what- they are!! So we have only used them for a week, but I must say I already love them. And they are earth friendly and BPA free to boot!
The idea behind this bento lunchbox is to create fun, practical food containers that promote better nutrition and waste reduction. It eliminates the need for plastic bags, plastic utensils, and snack packs which are typically unhealthy. The design is genious with the individual food containers. It makes it so easy to pack leftovers from the previous night’s dinner and also to add a variety of foods so that my kids can get the most nutrition from their lunches. And there are lids too so I can make sure that foods don’t mix. There is even a tiny little container and lid for sauces, dressings, dips, etc. And the best part is that my kids LOVE it!! Gavin and Ellie were so excited! I love that they help me make the choices for each compartment in their lunch. I love that their lunch looks appealing, fun, and colorful! And I never thought I'd see the day that my kids would get EXCITED about eating broccoli for lunch! Seriously...are these my kids??

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Very cute. I like those a lot. I have to ask because I've been staring at them trying to figure it out...what is in the "main" compartment?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I was wondering the same thing. And also, where did you get them? I want to get those! Those rock! tiff H

Lacey said...

The main compartment is turkey and cheese with a pretzel through it. My kids don't like bread on their turkey sandwiches. You can get them at www.laptoplunches.com