I have had a headache the last few days and haven't wanted to get out and do much. So today as we were inside we decided to cook. The kids love baking with me, and this was the perfect dessert to make with little helpers. I ate this a lot back when I was young, but haven't made it in years. It was delicious!! As good as I remembered, and I think the rest of the family agreed!!
I pretty much made it from memory. So it may be different than the original recipe...but here is how I made it...
1 large cool whip
1 block of cream cheese
a little vanilla (to taste)
a little powdered sugar (to taste)
2 sugar cookie rolls (you know the slice and bake kind in the fridge section)
(or any fruit you'd like)
1. Roll out both sugar cookie rolls to make a crust in a pizza pan. Cook on 350 for 16-18 minutes or until starting to brown. LET COOL
2. Mix cool whip, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar in a mixer until smooth.
3. When cookie is completely cool, you can put the cream cheese mixture on.
4. Drain crushed pineapple and sprinkle on top. (reserve juice)
5. slice the remaining fruit and arrange around the pizza. I dip the bananas in the reserved juice as it is supposed to stop them from browning quickly.
(Yes we may have gotten a little tattoo happy today too)