Monday, November 05, 2012

Boosterthon Fun Run

The kids were really excited to do a fund raiser for their school last week. The Boosterthon Fun Run was so much fun. They had a Pep Rally to start the week and won awards for sponsors as they got them. Then they ran laps to get paid. Both kids ran the max allowed and more. I was so proud of them. It was such a fun event with a fun MC and music blaring the entire time. I got to be a lap marker for Ellie's grade and a Noodle Cheerleader for Gavin's. It was fun watching them run to raise money. They raised $140 for their school. Ellie was proud to be the first in her class to finish and kept on going after her max of 35 laps was complete. Gavin ran the entire time running 47 laps without taking a water break or walking. They both are loving running these days and now have been asking Frank and I to go on runs. Maybe my kids will finally whip me into shape. :) Doubtful...but we'll see... Ha!


No comments: