Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year we all went to my parents for Thanksgiving. My Mom's cousins flew in for one day just to spend Thanksgiving with us. We had never met them. My Mom and Dad grew up with them, but we (the kids) had never met them. It was great to meet more family. And my Mom's cousin Kenny made a video to show all of us from when they were all younger. That was awesome to see. It made a few in the room get really teary. There were pictures of them as young kids, with old friends and family. I never knew my mom's grandma and I couldn't get over how much she looks like my Nanny. It was so nice to meet some more extended family. Needless to say they had never had fried turkey-a first for them- and they loved it. But who doesn't love Cajun fried turkey?!?
We have so much to be thankful for and we spent a lot of time last week reflecting on all that God has given us. I can't believe Thanksgiving has come and gone and Christmas is around the corner.
Here are a few pictures of our Thanksgiving this year.

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Glad that you guys had a great one this year!

Our Life Together said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving gathering with your family! So thankful for you sweet friend. See you real soon/ :)