Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Felt Christmas Tree

I LOVE Pinterest. I found it last Spring and I only had one other friend on there. It has now exploded. People don't get it, until they try it and then they understand the addiction. I don't know how many people have told me, I just don't get that site?!? And then they can't keep off it once they try it. It is especially fun if you like to do crafts. And get decorating ideas. And recipes. And style tips. Party planning. You name it, you can find it. And if you are online and want to remember something, just pin it to your pinterest account and it saves it all in a file for you. How cool is that??

Recently I found a felt Christmas Tree craft that a lady said she had made for under 3.00. I thought my kids would like it so I decided to give it a try. Mine was more around 10.00 but I definitely could have bought less felt. I have a ton left over. I liked the idea of doing the alphabet on some of the ornaments. I thought it would be good, fun practice for Hadley, and fun for G and E to make words. I knew the most fun part would be for the kids to make the ornaments. And boy was I right- they loved it.

Here they are making their ornaments for the tree that is now hanging in their game room upstairs.  I think it will be a hit that will last all season!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What a fun project! Did you make 3 different trees, or just rearrange the different ornaments? I love the "family rocks" tree!

The Guess Family said...

Love that....must make one for my house!!