Sunday, February 20, 2011

Two Years

Two Years exactly is what I lost. TWO YEARS. Two years of videos and pictures of my kiddos. I didn't back up any. Didn't print any. Luckily for me I have a blog that has all my favorite photos of the last two years backed to picassa. I think that is the only reason I didn't have a complete meltdown. I started to upgrade my computer to snow leopard so I could download ilife. And bam- corrupt files were found and my hard drive crashed. Immediately took it to Apple who had me go buy an external hard drive. They tried for five days to fix it and finally called yesterday to say my computer was ready but they had to put a new hard drive in. Nothing was saved. So, I am sending my old hard drive off to some place in California that will hopefully be able to salvage something for me. But I am sure it will be a pretty penny. Sometimes I really hate technology.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh No! I have goose-bumps...my worst nightmare. I think I'll go back up my external drive now. So sorry, hope you can retrieve some of those photos.

Tanni said...

Oh Lacey! That is no bueno...hopefully they will recover what you need. That happened to me when Gavin was 4 months old and I lost alot of his new baby pics.

I recently subscribed to Carbonite---which backs up as soon as something new is added to your harddrive. I have been happy with them so far....just something to think about once you get back up and running.

Again---so sorry. :(

Kristyn said...

Oh gosh!!!! That is one of my biggest fears!!! I hope that they can recover it!!! I am so sorry that this happened!

ashley said...

Oh Lacey, I hope they are able to retrieve all of your precious pictures & videos from the last 2 years!

Tayton said...

Worse case scenario.

Get the time machine set up. We're setting up ours. I am going cross-eyed sorting through a few thousand photos on my external hard drive that I have been putting off...