Sunday, January 25, 2009

First Camping Trip.

Well a little over seven years ago I got Frank all kinds of camping gear. You know... a tent, lantern, sleeping bag, etc. He has NEVER used it until last night. He got a new car this week and has a dream of camping regularly with the kiddos on road trips in his car. It was COLD last night so we decided to go "test" camping at my sisters. She lives in Montgomery and has lots of land so we pitched a tent in her backyard. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins and when it got too cold could go inside to warm up. They were really excited about the campfire and Mitchell and Larry didn't want to disappoint. It was more like the Aggie Bonfire in their backyard and the kids thought it was AWESOME!! Their neighbor drove over and came running in the back thinking one of their trees was on fire and she was wanting to see if there was adult supervision in the backyard. Anyway, as they slept outside, my sister and I slept inside with Hadley. We were laughing as we said goodnight to them as we thought for sure we'd be the one's with a good night sleep. Haaa...Hadley is cutting her top tooth and was a complete BEAR ALL NIGHT LONG. I slept for about 2 hours and then my sister who heard her crying for the umpteenth time came and got her at 5am and told me to go to bed. Needless to say Momma was in need of a long nap today. Anyway, the kids slept tight in their sleeping bags with their cousins and didn't wake all night. They loved it and can not wait to go back. They love going to their house and riding the golf cart, playing on (riding) the security gate to the neighborhood and running around all that land with their cousins. Here are a few pictures...

11 comments:

Between the Dreaming said...

Now thats what I call a campfire...whoa baby! Looks like ya'll had a great weekend, althoug we missed having those sweet kiddos in class today! :) Love the pics...too fun!

jamie said...

Did you happen to hear a Voice from Heaven when that "campfire" was lit? I think I've seen a similar picture in Clara's children's Bible. Sheesh that thing was massive.

Honeyman 4 said...

How fun!! I can't wait for camping/rafting trips.

Lindsay said...

wow...that is one heck of a bonfire!

ashley said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Courtney said...

I would have come running too if I were the neighbor! Wow! Sorry the sleeping joke was on you though. What a sweet sis for coming to relieve you!

Jess Richey said...

What a fun time! I hope Hadley is feeling better soon, so that you can feel better too!

MKHKKH said...

Awesome "camp fire" or rather tree fire! LOL. So fun. That is how we have camped too, in the backyard so I can still sleep inside with the babies. Great memories. How did Frank like the car?

Kristyn said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a blast camping!!! Lisa Rutledge made the baby book. She is in our small group. I can introduce you to her at church.

Jocelyn said...

What a blast! I can remember "camping" in the backyard with friends on weekends and it was always so much fun. And I agree with the other comments that that was some campfire you had there! :) I can't wait to do things like that with my kiddos.

Jenni said...

How fun! :)