Monday, December 29, 2008

A Week Full of Christmas.

It's been a busy week here in the Morgan household. Christmas sure came in a hurry but we are still prolonging it. We have had something to do every day since Christmas Eve and it's been fun.

We started Christmas Eve morning with making a gingerbread Santa's sleigh. My mom always makes houses with them and did after Thanksgiving.(I forgot my camera that night) But I did take pictures of the sleigh the kids made:




We then went to the French Tea Room for our usual Christmas Eve lunch:

And then made LOTS and LOTS of cookies for Santa:

For dinner it's always been a tradition to eat Lobster. This was our first year to do Christmas Eve by ourselves so we made it easy and ordered take out from our favorite restaurant Amerigo's and got Lobster Pasta and Tour de Mozzarella. It was dreamy....

After dinner we got Santa's cookies and the reindeer's food all ready, said goodbye to Clark (Our elf) and read Twas the Night Before Christmas in our Christmas Jammies:

Then Santa and Mrs. Claus got to work. And no Mrs. Claus was not out in the street riding Gavin's winged scooter before it was even put under the tree...no, she would NEVER do that. After getting the scooter back inside, and the basketball goal together Santa and Mrs. Claus were ready for bed:

Christmas morning was a blast. Gavin came down first with his eyes SO big as he looked at all the gifts under the tree. But he only looked for a second before coming into our room for a "Christmas snuggle." It was really cute. Ellie and Hadley were up within minutes of Gavin and were anxious to open gifts. Every present was "What they have always wanted!" It was so cute. I must say the biggest hit from Santa was the winged scooter for Gavin, pixo's for Ellie, and the pink push car for Hadley. Overall (out of all the gifts from Christmas) I think Gavin's top picks were the DS, scooter, and webkins. Ellie's was her water baby, animal hospital, camera, and plasma car. And Hadley's push car, sing along stage, and books were her biggest hits.





Frank and I had decided we have everything we need so we'd just do stockings and take the kids either skiing or to Disney for our gift. But then Santa showed up with an IMac for me. I never asked for one, or really knew what all the "mac" buzz was all about, but now I GET IT! For me with pictures and video's-it's right up my ally. Luckily for me I had done Frank's birthday shopping early so he got his birthday presents for Christmas. Note to self- never trust my husband when he says we are not exchanging gifts. It was a very thoughtful gift though that he was very excited to give me and he put a lot of thought into it. And I do love it!!
Thank you Honey!!


I must say that the best Christmas present we got was finding out there will be a new baby in the family....For those of you wondering....NO IT IS NOT ME. My sweet sister in law and brother in law who spoil my kids rotten are expecting their first baby and we are BEYOND Thrilled. I knew it was coming, was hoping it would be announced at Christmas, but had no idea they would already be 14.5 weeks pregnant. She came out with a "Baby on Board" shirt and he was wearing "My Boys Can Swim" shirt. I wish our reactions could have been recorded. We were all screaming, jumping up and down, and when I saw the little peanut in the u/s picture, was crying. We can not wait to have a new little Morgan in the family.


We had a Great Christmas that lasted several days with different members of our family. We hope all of you had a Very Merry Christmas as well!!
That's it for now folks'-that is Christmas in a (not so small) nutshell.
Hope you all have a Great New Years!! I'm sure there will be lots more pictures to come in the new year- (who are we kidding.....this is me we're talking about- more than a few.)

8 comments:

Between the Dreaming said...

That's what I'm talking about! I LOVE them and I love those sweet babies! Call you tmrw! Love you!

Between the Dreaming said...

Ps...Once you go Mac...you never go back! :) I think we need to get our iChat up and working! :))

ChrissyK said...

Looks like you had a great week. caitlyn got a water baby too...she loves it.

sarah watson said...

Oh my gosh! I thought you were going to say you were having another baby and I almost got really excited for you!! But, especially now, knowing we aren't having anymore, I get so excited when I find out a close friend or relative is pregnant :)

Tim said...

It looks like all that was so much fun!

Merry Christmas guys, and a Very Happy New Year!

Emily said...

I'm with Sharla... once you go Mac you never go back! I LOVE ours What a fun Christmas for everyone. And yay for the new baby in the fam!!

Lindsay said...

So many things in this post...

Marty did the same thing to me. We promised not to exchange gifts and he did not follow through! And I did!

You will LOVE LOVE LOVE the Mac. I try to work on a PC now after making the switch to Mac and I am like, "How do I even get around this thing?" You will be making movies & slideshows galore.

Glad you like your new lens. It's so fun to have new "toys" like that.

Exciting that there will be a new baby in the fam. That's a long time to keep that secret!

Reagan got a water baby too and she loves it. We had to bring it to Colorado with us. Of course, they would like the same thing. We need to get them together again soon.

Ok, longest blog comment ever officially over! :)

ashley said...

Wow, looks like your family had a Christmas to remember! I love the creative way that your siser-in-law announced her pregnancy-too cute! Enjoy your Mac-I LOVE mine!