Friday, December 05, 2008

Cookie Exchange Recipe
I went to TWO cookie exchanges this week and made the same thing for both parties. I made them two years ago for our neighborhood exchange and was requested to make them again. They are EASY to make and YUMMY. I forgot to bring the recipe to my first exchange this week-so for all of you who wanted it, here it is...
PEPPERMINT-COATED PRETZELS


1 (16-ounce) package pretzel nuggets ( I used Snyders of Hanover sourdough nuggets)
2 (16-ounce) packages of vanilla bark coating squares
2 cups (12-ounce package) white chocolate morsels
1 (4-ounce) package white chocolate baking/candy bar, broken into pieces (I used cookies and cream bar)
1 (16-ounce) package hard peppermint candies, finely crushed and divided (about 2 cups)
½ teaspoon peppermint extract

1.Combine first 4 ingredients in a sauce pan and cook on low until melted.
2.Stir and add 1 ¼ cups crushed peppermint candies and peppermint extract, stirring well to coat.
3.Drop pretzel mixture by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper. Sprinkle remaining ¾ cup crushed peppermint candies evenly on pieces before they set. Let stand until firm.
Makes 4 ½ pounds or about 80 pieces.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, those cookies were SO good. Thanks for the recipe! I'll be making them soon.

Tim said...

Just wanted to let you know that i got another idea from your site. I have tried to figure out how to put musice on our blog forever, but have never found a user friendly place to do it that has good songs. Thanks!!!!!!!!! We now have music! I also used some of your selections.

Courtney said...

YUM! I will try these for Christmas!

Tanni said...

Thanks for sharing. I think I am going to make some for neighborhood gifts! :)

Blessings,
Tanni