Saturday, June 07, 2008

I Finally Gave In

Well it's been almost 2 years since Frank has been wanting to get Ellie's ears pierced and about a year since Ellie has been asking me. I kept thinking we would wait until she's older so she'd really remember it, but with her wanting them and talking to a few friends- I gave in. A friend of mine pierced both of her girls early and my sister was telling me I should go ahead and do it while she wants to because she'll be too scared when she's older. Last night, like many nights as I was laying in bed with her she rubbed my earrings and said, "Mom, I like your earrings...I want earrings too." So after her asking us countless times today, we took her to Sweet and Sassy tonight to get them done. She told us as we were walking in, "it's going to hurt- but only for a minute." She was so brave! She brought her pink B.B. (her blanket) in and sat on Daddy's lap while they pierced both ears at the same time. The gun got stuck on one of the ears but she was a trooper. When I looked at her ears I realized they gave us the wrong earrings, so they gave me the others for free. So we got two pairs of earrings for the price of one. In six weeks I can put the ones we bought in. Anyway, as you can see from the pictures it wasn't too traumatic for her. Even though everyone said I should, I just couldn't get Hadley's done tonight...tonight was all about our Ellie Belly!

Waiting patiently while they load the gun:


Here we go:


I'm already laughing and still in the chair:


Look at my pretty earrings:

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh, so cute! I'm so glad she has her earrings now and that it went so well. Yea Ellie!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! How do these kiddos get so big??!! She was just born the other day! I remember it like it was yesterday. She was so brave. Dynamite comes in small packages!

The Guess Family said...

We got Addison's ears pierced yesterday too! She has also been begging for quite some time. I thought about getting Reagan's done to, but I wanted it to be special for her, when she is old enough to ask for it.
:) Kim

Carly O'Quinn said...

What a big girl!

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! That makes me want to cry just thinking about Reagan getting hers done. They are gettine WAY too big.