Saturday, April 12, 2008

STRAWBERRY PIE

A friend of mine shared this recipe with me and we made it today. It is TO DIE FOR and VERY easy to make. As many of you know I am trying to watch what I eat and this is not on the health menu. It is definitely a "cheat day" dessert but oh so yummy!

4 cups strawberries (quartered)
1 cup sugar
3T cornstarch
3T strawberry jello
1 cup of water
1 baked pie shell.
whipping cream

Directions:
1. Bake and cool pie shell as directed
2. Mix sugar and cornstarch together.....add water
3. Stir on stove until bubbly
4. Remove from heat and add strawberry jello and quartered strawberries.
5. Refrigerate pie
6. Whip whipping cream in mixer and add sugar to taste. Top pie with whipping cream before serving.

YUM!

2 comments:

Marlers said...

okay, yum! You know that i was a sucker for your banana pudding (and because the hub doesn't like bp at all...I get to eat it all myself!) so...this looks like another one that I am going to dive into as well!! Yay!!!

MKHKKH said...

See, yours does look better. I didn't wait long enough (glutton) and it hadn't set. So you only got the whole pie pic because once we sliced it, it turned into a delicious soupy mess. Didn't stop me from eating it.