Thursday, April 03, 2008

THE BIG 3-0
Well, as many of you know I am no longer a twenty-something. I entered my thirties this morning at 2:47 am. Hard to believe that when I was a little girl I thought people in their thirties were OLD. And now here I am and I still feel very young- definitely not old. I definitely don't feel like I thought I would feel when I turned thirty. I used to think when I turned thirty I would be sad, but I am not sad to be 30. I actually feel very blessed to have the life I do and to have accomplished so many things in the last thirty years. My sister, Kelly, sent me a really sweet cookie bouquet today and on each cookie it said something different (Mom, Sister, Daughter, Granddaughter, Friend, and Happy 3-0 Lacey Girl). Getting the cookies reminded me that I have a lot to be thankful for. I am a Mom to three wonderful kids, a wife to an incredible husband, a sister to three great siblings, a daughter to awesome parents, a granddaughter to an amazing Grandma, and I have been blessed with a circle of fabulous friends!! I am so lucky and blessed...my first thirty years have been awesome and from what I hear I have a lot to look forward to. My Dad told me awhile back that his thirties were his best years. I can't imagine the next ten years being any better than what I have already experienced- but I'll take them!

6 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

Happy 3-0!!!! I hope it was a great day!!!! How was the pedi? When is b-day club? Talk with you soon!

amanda said...

HAPPPPPPPPPPY BIIRRRRTHDAAAAYY!!
yay!!!
lots of birthday love from the lawrences!! :)

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday!!!! We almost share our special day- mine's today. :) Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday!

Abbie said...

I found your blog through Katies blog! Happy 30th!
I got a chuckle out of some of the things you said, I'm totally pumped to be thirty in a few years, but my dear husband on the other hand has daily panic attacks thinking of how close he is getting to the big 3-0. Oh how that makes me laugh.

parsonsfamily said...

Happy Birthday!! Just hearing you talk about all of your blessings remind me to be thankful for everything in my own life. Thank you!

MKHKKH said...

Lace- Happy B-lated B-day girl! Welcome to the terrific 30s!! At least that is what I am hoping they will be for both of us. You look so much younger than me ;)