Saturday, October 08, 2011

Home Run and Game Ball

I had NO IDEA that baseball would be so exciting- but oh how it is. We are LOVING Little League. Gav's team is currently undefeated. We played our fourth game today with three players and our coach out, and managed to beat the only other undefeated team. I am not sure I have ever screamed so much at a game before. It had my heart pumping for sure. We had to be there at 7:30 am and I thought I would need my coffee, but I am pretty sure I would have been fine without it.

Gavin has REALLY been doing well. He picked up the sport naturally and has earned his role as "clean up" hitter. He hit a home run at Wednesdays game and today he won the game ball for the most RBI's and hits. So proud of our little baseball player!!! What an exciting season it has been so far! I have a feeling this *may* be the sport he sticks with. We will see if he chooses baseball or football in the Spring....but my money is on baseball. We shall see.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

What a little stud! Sounds like he is a natural athlete. This will be so fun as he gets older too!
Go Gavin!

ashley said...

Way to go Gavin! You've had a crazy busy week girlfriend!

Kristyn said...

What a cutie! Glad he's enjoying it!! Oh and you too :)

MKHKKH said...

Way to Gavin! Looks like he got Dad's athleticism!