Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Catching up...

The last few weeks have been so crazy as I am sure they have been for all of you. The craziness started two weeks ago when I took a fun girls trip to Denver. I hopped on the last flight from Houston at 9am and was lucky to get out, as Houston got snow and all the flights got cancelled after mine. I must admit I was a tad bit sad that out of all the weekends I could leave, it was a snowy one. Which as most of you know is a rarity around here. But, from what I hear, I didn't miss too much and did get lots of pictures. So I headed to Denver to meet up with three of my sweet friends and we had a girly weekend. Shopping, spa day, lots of eating, a fun play called "Girls Only," and staying up late talking and laughing like we were twelve year old girls at a sleepover. It was a fun weekend! I must admit the high temps of 13 and low of -1, were a little chilly for this born and raised Texan, but it was beautiful to see the snow and I had a blast with the girls. And I may have even made a snow angel just so my kids could see the picture of Mommy doing it. Gavin and Ellie knew how sad I was to miss playing in the snow with them and they were thoughtful enough to save me a baggie of snow in the freezer until I got home. They are so cute!!

While the kids were doing this....
I was doing this....

When I got home from Denver, Frank left for the week to Birmingham. And ever since he has been back we have been running around like crazy trying to get Christmas cards done, Christmas shopping, and making sure everything is taken care of before the big day. :) I love this time of year. Craziness and all, it by far the best time of the year!! And Santa is just about ready. I do not see any last minute Toys R' Us stops on Christmas Eve in our future this year...nope.... I am hoping that is a thing of the past! :)

Hope you all are enjoying the Season!!

Merry Almost Christmas!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I am sorry you had to miss the TX snow, but am glad it was because I got to see you!!! What a fun time-maybe we shouldn't do it in December next time. ;)

Unknown said...

Did you say friends or sisters...seriously y'all all look alike. Too cute!! Anyways I know what you mean. I too love this time of year. I have a pep in my step and a tune in my heart!! I am sad I missed the TX snow as well. We still haven't had snow here. CRAZY!