Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back to the Living...

So...what have we been up too???

Let's see...

Green tea, lemons, chicken noodle soup, humidifiers, hot tub, hot baths, hot showers, netti pots, kleenex, oranges, oscillococcinum, ibuprofen, more ibuprofen, thermometers, lots of time under blankets, pajamas for a week straight, and lots of prayers asking that this thing would leave our house.

Yes, I came down with the flu. I had fever for 8 straight days. My doctor said he couldn't prescribe me tamiflu as I wasn't over 65 , under 5, and I don't have a compromised immune system. And he told me since I am not a "medicine" person, I didn't want it anyway. Well after going through what I just did, I beg to differ-if it could have shortened it at all, I would have opted for it. Do you know how hard it is to watch kids with a fever? Thankfully Frank was able to take some time off...but it was still hard. Then Gavin came down with it at the end of last week. Really, the only one who hasn't had it is Frank....and I just keep hoping it escapes him as it seems to be much harder on adults than kids. I haven't left my house in what feels like forever...I am ready to enjoy the sunshine, or rain for that matter. I just want to get OUT.

I have only been to the doctor three times in five years and once was for a hurt knee when training for the marathon. So...I don't get sick. I am hoping this little bug will be it for awhile and I can go back to living my healthy little life.

Thank you sweet April for coming to my house and dropping off a goodie bag of meds. You are a lifesaver! I love you girl! XOXOXO

So, here's to hoping it leaves our house once and for all...and that none of you have to experience it!!

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Glad things are finally looking UP! It sounds so miserable. I've missed you!

sarah watson said...

yes, enjoying the sun or rain is due you and your family! I've got BSF in the am, so I may not see you except for check-in :)

The Guess Family said...

Glad you are all starting to feel better! I know how you feel. The girls flu tests have all come back negative. But, our entire neighborhood has passed something around for the last 2 weeks. YUCK!!!

Kristyn said...

Oh my gosh!! I wish I knew that you were so sick!! I would have come and gotten Hadley so that you could have a little peace and quiet. I am glad that you are feeling better! So sorry things have been awful for you guys :(

MKHKKH said...

I sure hope it is gone for the rest of the season. At least you got it over with. We are still living in fear! LOL. Glad you are returning to living.