Wednesday, September 16, 2009

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME???

I just witnessed something great in my little world. For those of you who hated me when Ellie potty trained herself...well.... get ready to hate me again. ;0) Many of you know that Ellie started potty training herself around 18 months. I never tried to train her, one day I just found her naked on the potty and she was going- and well, she kept it up and pretty much trained herself- I actually wasn't ready for her to be trained when she started doing it. Well, I most definitely did not think that would happen again. And as I write this I am probably getting ahead of myself by thinking Hadley will train herself, but I can say what I just saw made me awfully hopeful.
I was doing some target shopping today when I saw this cute little froggie potty. I haven't started potty training Hadley yet, she is only 18 months. But I though, heck- why not get a new potty and just put it out. She really liked the froggie potty when I showed her so it made it's way into my cart along with other things that weren't on the list- but that's another story and how target shopping goes, right? So, I run errands all day and forgot about it. Tonight I brought it out of the car, opened it, and put it on the kitchen floor. I was debating if I was going to keep it or not so wanted to check it out and take it out of it's packaging. (I know some of you are laughing because I tend to buy and return a lot). I thought it was cute and put it on the floor. Well, we woke Hadley up around 6pm for dinner and Frank casually pointed it out to her and said, "pooh-pooh and pee-pee." She just looked at him and went on to eat her dinner. We had all finished dinner and she says, "pooh-pooh" and points at the potty. We laughed and then Frank thought she wanted on the potty. I thought she was just repeating what he had said earlier, like telling us, "that's where you pooh-pooh." But Frank took her diaper off and put her on and low and behold- WE HAD POOP in the potty. Seriously?!? I was shocked, Frank was shocked. I started singing a poop song I used to sing to Gavin and she started dancing. Then she points at her poop and says, "Poop, YUCKY!" It was pretty funny. I am hoping and praying that I will have another child that decides she wants to potty on the potty without me having to help a whole lot. Ahhh...that would be dreamy!! For now, we have one poop down!! Woo-hoo!! Way to go my little Momma!!

10 comments:

Emily said...

That is AMAZING! I can't believe it. I hope she keeps it up for you. Maybe she can talk to Presley and give her some tips?

Team Dale said...

from first piggies post to first poop post...got to love how fast miss hadley is growing up!

Our Life Together said...

Oh wow!!! That is something else. GO Hadley.

Tanni said...

I wish it happened like that at my house! :) You go girl!

Kristyn said...

that's nuts!!! i have 2 in diapers and would LOVE for Jayce to potty train himself!!! Congrats Hadley!

MKHKKH said...

Ok, I am sending Hank to you for a month. You can return him when Hads has taught him a thing or two!

parsonsfamily said...

ok...jealous! Way to go Hadley!

sarah watson said...

wow!!!

ChrissyK said...

You are one lucky woman. :O)

The Guess Family said...

Reagan did something very similar, and can go weeks at a time, totally trained with no accidents. But, only when she wants to. Other times, I might as well put her back in diapers. She is my little strong-willed girl and I think she knows she has the control on this one!!! Makes my laugh and makes me crazy....all at the same time.