Friday, May 29, 2009

Boys, Frogs, and Sleepovers

Gavin's two little buddies came over to play last week and what do they find...a BIG ol' Toad that lives under some rocks in our yard. They immediately had no problem picking it up and holding it. They loved it!! And the second they put it down it pee'd all over my patio. I was SHOCKED at how much pee can come from one Toad. Thankfully it didn't pee on them.

These boys are hilarious. They think they are getting so big now. Tiff (their mom) was eating lunch with me and all of the sudden we look over and all three are mooning us. They are little crack ups.
That night Gavin had his first sleepover at their house. He was so excited. He did call us every hour or so to make sure he wasn't missing anything at home. I think he missed us, although he had a BLAST!! I love watching him with his friends. These boys in particular. Their mom and I have been friends for years and I remember the days when we were scared we couldn't have kids. Then the days we showed each other our pregnancy strips...wanting to make sure we really did see a line. And finally the birth of these boys. Gavin has been friends with Cullen and Lawson since the day they came home from the hospital. So it was very appropriate that his first sleepover would be with them- his oldest friends. Oh how I love these three boys!

4 comments:

Preecemom said...

What a wonderful legacy for your kiddos

Honeyman 4 said...

Dude, the heat brings the frogs out for water, or something!

Courtney said...

Look at those handsome boys...you believe in arranged marriages, right?!

Jocelyn said...

Boys, oh boys... I LOVE it! Growing up all I wanted to have were boys! Enjoy this summer with your oldest- going off to kindergarten in August... where does the time go?!? Hope the summer is filled with toads and bugs and tons of sleepovers for him.