Saturday, February 14, 2009

VALENTINES

I just love Valentine's Day. Maybe because it is a low stress holiday or because it is a day to focus on the one's you love. Whatever it is, I love it and we had such a great day today. Frank and I actually started celebrating last night. We went to the Glass Menagerie for dinner and had a yummy four course meal. It was heavenly. Then today we did our usual Saturday routine with the kids and donuts. I tried to do pancakes, but my kids are creatures of habit...so donuts for them it was. But today was a special donut day because it was Valentine's Day!



After breakfast, the kids opened up their gifts. Gavin and Ellie both told me what they wanted for Valentine's a few times this week so they were easy.
And I knew Hadley would love the ball as she was screaming when I took it away from her at Target and the girl loves her some books so she was easy too.


We had a fun day just hanging around and playing
And Dancing to Taylor Swift...


And then it was time for dinner...and what a fun dinner it was...
We had some of this...


And this...


that made this....
FONDUE...

The kids LOVED it and so did we. For dinner there were two kinds of cheese dip with carrots, cauliflower, apples, asiago bread, and grilled pesto flank steaks.

Then it was time for dessert...who can resist chocolate with strawberries, bananas and angel food cake??


Hadley liked it a little too much...


So much that Ellie wanted a mustache like her...so like any good mommy would do, I painted her one.....


And then Gavin....


Frank and I stuck with silly faces....


And then it went just a little too far...


But hey, it is Valentine's Day and it was a Fun, Silly kind of day.

Hope you all had a Great, Fun, Silly kind of Valentine's as well!!

13 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!! I sure miss Shipleys....especially when I am pregnant!

Courtney said...

Hey, you're up late! Looks like fun! I've never tried fondue, but I'd probably just eat all the chocolate and skip the veggies. Very good idea for Valentine's Day!

Team Dale said...

so sweet...looks like the perfect little day. Glad we didn't spend it taking our camera class!

Jess Richey said...

So fun!! The kids obviously had a blast! You guys are such fun parents!

Kristyn said...

So cute!! I love your kids so much! They sure know how to have some fun! Glad you guys had a great V-day!

Emily said...

What great pictures! And what a mess! I'm so impressed by that meal. I think I want to do that here soon. Glad you guys had such a fun day!

sarah watson said...

that's awesome! you're SO creative...even with your meals :)

Our Life Together said...

That looks like soooo much fun! Oh and please let me know if you guys decide to do a camera class.

Ashley McWhorter said...

We love fondue, too. We'll have to try that at home. Oh..let me know about this camera class y'all are talking about. Would love to join in.

Lindsay said...

What a great idea to do fondue with the kids. We have a fondue and love doing it, but never thought of involving the kids. I wanna know what that creamy stuff in the pan is? Is that what you added to the cheese??

ashley said...

What a great idea! It looks like the whole family had a great Valentine's Day! You are very creative!!

Amie said...

These pictures are great!! I love parents that aren't afraid to make messes! Your kids are so cute :)

MKHKKH said...

How fun! I love the fondue idea. Glad you had a lovely day:)