Friday, September 12, 2008

Daddy's Home and I Survived
Frank was lucky enough to go on another trip this past week. He went to Big Sky, Montana on a fly fishing trip. They had guides who helped him learn how to fly fish and he had a blast. He caught a bunch of rainbow trout and was very proud of his 19 1/2 inch fish.
From Frank's Flyfishing Trip
Meanwhile I was home with the kiddos. We had a great week but I was ready for Frank to come home. I kept us busy. With the start of school that helped...but with hurricane Ike on his way..that made for an interesting day yesterday. I got up and realized it was indeed coming our way and we needed food, water, flashlights, and gas. So I thought I'd go early before everyone else and get the needed supplies. I get all three kids dressed and promise breakfast after a "quick" trip to the store. We had to park in the chick-fil-a parking lot because there were no spaces at our local Kroger. After cruising through the packed store with all three kids we found a nice spot in line in the freezer section. 1.5 hours later, 2 hours after entering the store we checked out. Seriously..it was a mess. I did make a friend in line. LOL. The lady behind me had her kids also and we took turns watching each others kids as we'd run to find something we forgot. So after getting all our supplies I got the kids some breakfast and then went to find gas. Four gas stations later I found some but then again waited in a long line that was wrapped around the outside of the station. Frank made it in after a nice, LONG five day vacation last night. (Notice I am not jealous at all that it would be virtually impossible for me to have a FIVE day vacation...much less a vacation with three little kids at home...no not jealous at all that he's had three fun trips since Hadley has been born...nope, not me, not jealous a bit!)
Thankfully he came last night because he wouldn't have made it in today. We are watching the non stop news of Ike. We are hoping it isn't too bad. I pretty much have us all ready, just need Frank to get the patio furniture in today. The kids are really excited to have a big slumber party with Mommy and Daddy tonight. I wonder if they'll think sleeping in the pantry will be fun??? Hope all of you who are choosing to stay like us, don't get any damage.

5 comments:

Ashley McWhorter said...

You go girl for taking all the kiddos. I just couldn't do it. I went at about 11:00 last night, and it was perfect. We're all stocked up. Let us know if you need anything. We'll "blow" right on down the street. :)

The Guess Family said...

You get the super mom award for braving Kroger, during full hurricane panic, with 3 hungry kids!!!! And, you did it all after a week alone!!! Good for you! We are praying you are safe.

We do have a picture of this little bean, which Addison assures me is a boy, but I didn't scan it in. Maybe at the next ultrasound in a few weeks, I will get it done!

Emily said...

I'm SO glad Frank made it back safely in time! How scary.

And actually, shortly after we got off the phone I freaked out and started packing everything up to head to CS. This was around 5ish or so. We almost loaded the car, but then I started thinking that what if we got a flat or our car broke down and we were stranded in the middle of nowhere! Yikes! So after talking and praying we decided to stay here. We're going to hunker down in the closet. We'll chat tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Lacey - Just checking in on you. I have been watching the storm and hope you, Frank, Gavin, Ellie and Hadley are safe. You're my hero for braving the grocery store and gas station lines with three kids! I love reading your blogs and seeing the adorable pictures of the kids!! Take care, Polly

Amie said...

Longtime reader but first time commenter. But I got to your blog from Amanda's. Hope you guys are doing okay!