Friday, June 27, 2008

MY SLEEP

10:45 pm- I go to bed

11:15 pm- Ellie sleep walks downstairs...I try to let her snuggle us but she is so restless and squirmy she wakes up Hadley so I carry her back upstairs

11:40 pm- I feed Hadley and get her back to sleep- back to bed for me.

12:30 am- Ellie sleep walks back in the room...I try once again to snuggle her but she is VERY restless and keeps kicking and turning so I bring her back to her room

1:45 am- Hadley wakes up, I put the paci in her mouth and she goes back to sleep.

3:00 am- Hadley wakes up again and the paci won't do so I feed her.

4:15 am- Hadley is up and thinks it is time to get up for the day...I finally get her back down around 5:30 am.

6:15 am- Gavin comes down and is ready for breakfast.

6:45 am- Ellie comes down and is ready for breakfast.

7:00 am- Hadley is up and ready to eat.

Now this was my night last night and it is a typical night lately. With Ellie coming down (and sometimes Gavin too) and Hadley all of the sudden waking up a lot again- I am zonked most days. Why do I still go to bed at 10:45 or 11pm every night?? Because after the kids are all asleep- Usually around 9pm (after fighting them to get back in bed over and over again)- that is usually my ONLY time to myself all day and I don't want to go to bed...I want to get things done or relax. Ohhhhh the joys of motherhood. I am looking forward to a little sleep- hopefully it is just around the corner. At least a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 3-4 hours at a time. So when you see me and I have bags under my eyes...or look a little out of it...you will understand why.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh my gosh! It is crazy that timeline is the norm for you. How are you even functioning? So sorry...it will be over soon, and when you look back it will seem to have flown by.

Amy said...

OH, the joys of 3 kids. I hope your "no sleep" nights will be over soon! Maybe you need to sleep in a hotel for one night and let Frank deal.

Marlers said...

Seriously! Oh man. I wish that I could help you girl! I thought that 8am was early...yikes! So sorry! Hey Lace...what about another baby??? Love you tons!!

Ashley McWhorter said...

Ummmm....where is Frank? :)

The Guess Family said...

I have a post just like that from this time one year ago!!! It took a full 13 months for Reagan to ever sleep more than 4 hours at a stretch. It sure makes the days hard!!! I feel like a new woman the last two months since she is finally sleeping! Hang in there. The day will come and when you look back it will seem only like a blink.
:)