Monday, February 11, 2008

So, a friend who has been helping me with this blog encouraged me today to go ahead and start posting. Let me start out with saying I am VERY new to the blogging world and really only intended to start this so you can meet our new baby girl who is due any day now.
I thought it may be nice to share a few pictures of her that we have so far and her story, which tells you why she's our little miracle.
On June 4th of last year I was feeling like I could be pregnant. So as I was Wal-Mart shopping, I decide to take a pregnancy test...and sure enough it was positive. I was so thrilled and couldn't wait to tell Frank, although nervous as this is our 8th pregnancy. We have a history of miscarriages and so making it through the first trimester is hard for us. I go in early with every pregnancy to check my hcg and progesterone levels and see the doctor more often than most because of my history of early loss. My numbers came back great...and we were thrilled. I had my first u/s and everything looked great. By the next week we saw a heartbeat which was the first hurdle to overcome as we didn't see a heartbeat with our previous pregnancy. Then two weeks later we had a scare we were too familiar with. They saw two babies, one had passed, the other had a heartbeat but was measuring smaller than it had two weeks prior. My doctor hugged me and said he was sorry but there was "No hope for this baby." We were devistated. I had to wait a week for the heart to stop beating and was scheduled to have another d&c. I was a wreck, but prayed for peace and for this baby that still had a beating heart. I kept praying that if there was anyway this could be a healthy baby, God would give us a miracle. When I went the following week to make sure the heart had stopped, to our surprise there was a 10w1d baby moving around like crazy and looking VERY healthy. My doctor said he has only seen this one other time and there is no other explanation except for God. Science could not explain why our little miracle shrunk, had a low heatbeat, and then grew to measure exactly to date. (Actually ahead of date Feb. 12). My doctor thanked me for being his patient because he said he doesn't get to see miracles very often.
We found out in September we are being blessed with another baby girl and we are all thrilled! We had a high tech ultrasound that showed she looks very healthy.
Now here we are three days away from our estimated due date. Gavin and Ellie are thrilled and can't wait to have a sister. Gavin keeps asking if he can snuggle her and Ellie wants to "pet" her head and give her bottles. Every day for the past two weeks Gavin has been asking me if today we are going to the hospital. My kids are definitely ready and so are we.


Here are a few pictures of the little lady we are waiting me meet, Hadley Faith.

What we saw when we thought we were looking for no heartbeat..our Miracle (she's upside-down)


And a 3D image of her looking to the left at 20 weeks


4 comments:

Carly O'Quinn said...

Welcome, welcome, welcome! I'm so glad you've joined the ranks of the blogging world. It's addicting so watch out!

I can't wait to meet your little miracle. If she's anything like your other two...she's going to be fun.

See you tonight!

Kathryn said...

Yay Lacey! So glad to have you as a blogging buddy. I can't wait to hear all about Hadley's arrival!! :)

MKHKKH said...

Lace, I think you will like blogging. It is a great way to document all that you do in this special time with the little ones. I can't wait to hear about Hadley's arrival and I look forward to many pictures!

Katie

Toni said...

I get chills every time I think of Hadley's beginning! It is such a miracle! I'm so excited that you are blogging!